mi6 confidential magazine
This limited-run, 100-page magazine is shipping worldwide for: £17 / $22 / €20 + P&P
NB: this issue is unavailable in one or more regions.
special 4, december 2020
In 2017, after ten years of service, MI6 Confidential introduced a new special format: a limited-run 100-page perfect bound issue of the magazine taking a deep dive into one particular facet of the franchise. The fourth release hands the microphone to long-serving Bond director, John Glen taking a look back at his favourite film as helmsman, Octopussy.
The idea for this issue came together as we were finishing work on Peter Lamont's Live And Let Die portfolio. We approached someone who had a equally profound effect on the trajectory of modern Bond. John readily agreed to work with us and we gave him free choice of the film he wished to profile. He chose Octopussy - the colourful, adventurous, flamboyant and darn-right-lucky 13th Bond outing. With help from editor Bill Koenig, John walks us through pre-production, scripting, casting and then narrates the film for us, in his famous conversational style.
In This Special Issue
- 100 page special magazine; professionally printed; perfect bound
- John's memories of Sir Roger Moore, Maud Adams, Kabir Bedi, Louis Jordan, and more
- Rarely-seen concept art from pre-production
- Dozens of behind the scenes stills
- The casting of Octopussy, including the girls who were considered for the titular role
- John's personal memories from the taxing multi-continental shoot