mi6 confidential magazine
Order Now... For The Whole Year
Receive this issue immediately and save on the rest of the 2023 magazine season. Four magazines from £28 plus p&p.
Order 2023 Magazine Season »
This text-rich, full colour magazine is shipping worldwide for: £7.00 / $9.50 / €8.50 + P&P
issue 68, volume 17, april 2023
It is a rare honour to play James Bond. Only six men have this distinction. Or have they? While Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig come to mind easily, people less steeped in the franchise may not recall Bob Holness, or even Toby Stephens who has played 007 in various adventures.
This issue shines a spotlight into the darker corners of franchise history to the oft-forgotten men to be cast (or almost cast) in the iconic role. We also go behind the scenes of Brosnan’s original audition process and reveal the wild idea Cubby Broccoli had to produce films back-to-back. We round out the issue with a conversation with author Mark Edlitz, whose research has unearthed a rich vein of unseen Bond material.
In This Issue
- The Luck of the Irish a look back at Brosnan’s audition for Bond in 1986
- Tanker Chase an alternate sequence for Casino Royale
- The Bond Who Never Was how John Gavin landed and lost the role of a lifetime
- Better Make That Two the actor and director eyed by Cubby Broccoli to make back-to-back Bonds
- Lost Adventures a conversation with author Mark Edlitz
- The Money Men a cut scene from Moonraker showed off an otherwise under-used Ken Adam set