mi6 confidential magazine
Order Now... For The Whole Year
Receive this issue immediately and save on the rest of the 2022 magazine season. Four magazines from £28 plus p&p.
Order 2022 Magazine Season »
This text-rich, full colour magazine is shipping worldwide for: £7.00 / $9.50 / €8.50 + P&P
issue 66, volume 16, november 2022
Fleming’s writing captures the sights, and sounds, of Bond’s surroundings in his distinctive journalistic style. The films are alive and rich with the sounds of 007’s locations. Barry’s scores for the Bond films set a template, not just for the franchise, but for movie music writ large. Then, before you slip into any of Bond’s globetrotting adventures, Maurice Binder’s or Daniel Kleinman’s titles accompany the big vocal hit that is truly of its musical era.
Hot on the tail of the 60th anniversary celebration, this issue commemorates the sound of 007 with features on the composition and history of Bond’s music. We speak to one of the composers behind No Time To Die and quiz aficionados and filmmakers about the best Bond cues.
In This Issue
- No Time To Write Steve Mazzaro on scoring No Time To Die
- Musical Notes stories from scoring the Connery- and Lazenby-era films
- Staring Down the Barrel Daniel Kleinman’s visual effects for the 007 titles
- Bond’s Greatest Hits 007 aficionados and filmmakers sound off about their favourite cues
- The Sound of 007 report from the 60th anniversary musical celebration.
- Beyond Bond The Slow Horses are a band misfits lead by an impeccably grouchy Gary Oldman