mi6 confidential magazine
This text-rich, full colour magazine is shipping worldwide for: £7.00 / $9.50 / €8.50 + P&P
issue 30, volume 9, april 2015
Although the early sequels to Dr. No quickly billed themselves as 'bigger' than past adventures, nothing quite topped Lewis Gilbert's three contributions in terms of scale. With new, exclusive interviews with the director himself and legendary production designer Ken Adam, this issue reflects on the grandeur of You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker - what we've cheekily dubbed in-house as the 'monorail trilogy'.
As well as an exhaustive twenty-page production history of the trilogy, we celebrate the life and work of the late Richard Kiel, who played the enigmatic but lovable Jaws in both Spy and Moonraker. Making it 'big' really is a theme for this issue!
In This Issue
- The Monorail Trilogy - The Bond films of Lewis Gilbert
- You Only Live Twice - From volcano lairs to villainous vixens
- The Spy Who Loved Me - Nobody does it better than Cubby Broccoli
- Moonraker - Taking James Bond further than ever before
- Supertankers & Space Stations - Sir Ken Adam reflects on designing Bond
- Remembering Richard - A tribute to the late, great Jaws actor
- Ian & Roald - Fleming's connection with the author/screenwriter, Roald Dahl
- The Bond Connection - The spy-fi posters of Robert McGinnis