mi6 confidential magazine
We are out of stock of this issue or bundle.
issue 16, volume 6, august 2012
Take a journey back to James Bond's beginnings with this special collector's issue of MI6 Confidential, celebrating the first 007 film, "Dr. No", as it marks its 50th anniversary in 2012.
Collected amongst these pages are original press materials used to promote the film and lure audiences to cinemas back in 1962. As nobody knew quite what an international sensation Ian Fleming's spy would become on the silver screen, this issue is a fascinating snapshot in time just before Bond Fever hit.
In This Issue
- His Name Is Bond - Sean Connery: from milkman to spy
- Being Bond - In his own words, Connery reveals his approach to playing 007
- The Man With The Platinum Hands - Meet 007's first megalomaniacal foe
- The Girl Who Has Everything - Swiss beauty Ursula Andress makes a splash
- Danger Man - When the action heats up, veteran stuntman Bob Simmons stands in
- The Women Of 007 - Meet the other ladies vying for Bond's attention
- Commander Jamaica - The "Dr. No" crew discuss shooting on location
- Hero Number One - Realising Ian Fleming's imagination on the silver screen